The iPhone XR was launched on September 12 2018 and has since then been sold as a cheaper alternative alongside the newer iPhone versions like iPhone 11, iPhone SE, and iPhone 12 series. So, for budget-conscious buyers in Nigeria, the iPhone XR variant is Apple’s offer to keep them going.
However, Apple through the iPhone XR borrowed some qualities from the XS Max and iPhone XS. This device is a high-end mobile device that makes it easy to surf the net. Besides, it supports the QI-based wireless charging system, and the IP67 water resistance feature ensures it is safe from spills and splashes.
iPhone XR is arguably the cheapest among the iPhone X family. It comes with a 6.1-inch LCD and a 1792 x 828 resolution called the new ‘Liquid Retina’ which runs from one end of the phone to the other.
Also, it lacks the Home button, just as with the iPhone XS – this makes it feature the swipe-based navigation system which was introduced into the iPhone X series.
The iPhone was also designed with a TrueDepth camera system in place of the Touch ID – the TrueDepth camera system is more efficient with facial ID recognition and also faster.
And for those who love to take pictures; the f/1.8 12-megapixel wide-angle lens with about 32% bigger sensor helps to produce detailed pictures even with low light. Also, the camera is designed to support an improved true tone flash and optical image stabilization.
The following reviews and guide will help you in making an informed decision before buying the iPhone XR in Nigeria.
Overview And Guide for iPhone XR
Design And Display
It is made with durable glass material. The sleek look of the device is from its glass body and curved edges which make it comfortable for anyone to hold.
Besides, it is designed to be waterproof, so there is no need to be afraid when it is dropped into water for at least 30 minutes – this is as a result of the IP67 feature of the phone.
The 7000 series aluminum makes the frame of the phone to be strong and durable and coupled with the LCD – you are sure of getting a sleek and convenient gadget in your hand.
Besides, the 6.1 inches screen is built with the latest Liquid Retina display – this promotes an amazing visual experience. The iPhone XR uses LCD technology and not OLED technology; this was done to reduce cost and resolution.
The bright and different eye-catching colors make the iPhone XR the toast of many would-be buyers. This device comes in six different colors; white, black, blue, yellow, red, and coral – here is the selling point which makes it attractive and inviting.
With this phone, your night time moments can be captured as if it were day – thanks to the f/1.8 12-megapixel wide-angle camera. It is built with a 32 percent bigger sensor with bigger pixels that promotes sharper and clearer pictures even with poor lighting.
Face ID And True Depth Camera System
This is the biometric authentication system for the iPhone XR and with the True Depth camera system – facial identification is enabled. This is the equivalent of Touch ID.
So, with the Neural Engine improvement and the new A12 Bionic chip, there is a faster detection and unlocking of your device.
It comes with a 2942 mAh battery life – this is about 8 percent more than the battery life of the iPhone X and about 10 percent more than the battery life of the iPhone XS. However, it is smaller than the battery life of the iPhone XS Plus. On average, you get about 70 percent battery life in less than 30 minutes.
Its processor is efficient and full of great functionalities. In 2018, the A12 Bionic SoC is the leading chip in a mobile device – it was awarded as Apple’s innovation of that year. Also, its 7nm processor boosts its performance – this makes the downloading of videos, apps, and games faster. Besides, its iOS12 software is another contributing factor to its factor.
The iPhone XR is designed to support LTE for data transfer up to a speed of 450Mb/s. it is compatible with over 20 LTE bands just with a single model.
It supports two phone numbers to be used at the same time – the nano-SIM and eSIM slot makes this possible
What To Watch Out For When Buying iPhone XR In Nigeria
To enjoy your iPhone and not regret buying it – you should look out for the following signs to be sure what you are buying is genuine and original.
Be sure you are not buying a doctored device – the device could have been tampered with by unscrupulous dealers trying to reap-off unsuspecting buyers.
Also, you need to be on the lookout for stolen phones – this could make you a partner in crime if you patronize unauthorized dealers.
Check out for the warranty – this should be one of the first things you check for when buying your iPhone XR in Nigeria. So, buying from unauthorized centers could make you lose all the warranty benefits and leave you helpless in the event of damage.
Also, you must ensure that you don’t end up buying fake iPhone XR from black-market manufacturers that can produce something that looks exactly like the iPhone until you start making use of it.
Best Offers of iPhone XR at Jumia – Quick Ranking
|1||Apple IPhone XR (3GB RAM, 64GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) – Black||5||Check price on Jumia|
Apple IPhone XR (3GB RAM, 128GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) – White
|4,5||Check price on Jumia|
|3||Apple IPhone XR (3GB RAM, 128GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) – Red||4||Check price on Jumia|
|4||Apple IPhone XR (3GB RAM, 64GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) – Blue||3,5||Check price on Jumia|
What Are Typical Prices For iPhone XR In Nigeria?
The price of a typical iPhone XR is determined mostly by its memory size. In Nigeria, the Smartphone can be purchased at designated and authorized dealer outlets. Also, it can be acquired from recognized online stores like Jumia.
Among the factors that determine the price of the iPhone in Nigeria include; the exchange rate at the time of purchase, the period of purchase, the location from which it is bought (either from Apple designated selling centers or from the local shops), and some other factors.
Apple Iphone XR (3GB RAM, 128GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) Red N260,000 – N310,000
Apple Iphone XR (3GB RAM, 64GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) Blue N230,000 – N250,000
Apple Iphone XR (3GB RAM, 256GB ROM) IOS 12 (12MP+7MP) White N320,000 – N335,000
Advantages Of Buying The iPhone XR
The iPhone XR is considered one of the best Apple devices that blends affordability with high-end hardware. The following are the advantages of buying the iPhone XR
- It is relatively inexpensive when compared to other models that were launched at the same time
- The performance is amazing when compared to iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Also, buyers can choose from a wide range of multiple colors which include white, blue, black, yellow, red, and coral
- It has an excellent battery life which puts it ahead of the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR
- Facial recognition has the features with the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS; however, its front True Depth camera makes the facial recognition faster than other 2017 iPhone X.
- Its dual SIM mode makes it possible for the device to be used for both business and personal phone numbers.
- It can be used underwater for up to 0ne-meter for about 30 minutes (IP67 rating) – though not as good as the IP68 rating of the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS, so those who want to use it at the pool can still benefit from it.
- The thicker and larger bezels built around the device – these bezels help to prevent from escaping the backlit screen. In terms of pricing, it is expensive when compared to the previous iPhone models and other Android devices.
- Besides, the screen quality of the iPhone XR is slightly lower than the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS. It comes with a 720p HD LCD with 326 pixels/inch which is lower in quality than the 458 pixels/inch on the iPhone XS
- Also, it is built with a single camera, unlike the dual cameras on the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS. Besides, the front and back glass are prone to damage.
- The lack of 3D touch is another downside of this device – the 3D touch supports Live Wallpapers which allows a user to push down on wallpaper and animate it.
- However, other disadvantages include; bigger size which makes it difficult to be operated with one hand, its highest storage capacity is 256 GB, and portrait mode only works for humans and does not work for objects or animals.
Apple iPhone XR Specs And Key Features
- Network: GSM / HSPA /CDMA/LTE/ EVDO
- SIM: Nano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
- Type: 6.1 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 828 x 1792 pixels (326 PPI)
- OS: iOS 12, upgradable to iOS 12.1.3
- Chipset: Apple A12 Bionic (7 nm)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest)
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256 GB Built-in Storage, no Memory Card Support
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 2942 mAh battery
- GPRS: YES
- EDGE: YES
- Qi Wireless Charging
- Fast Charging (15W)
- Face ID
- IP68 Waterproof and Dustproof
- 12MP Dual LED Camera (main) and 7MP (selfie)
- Compass and barometer are also among the amazing features to enjoy on the iPhone XR mobile device.
What Do I Stand To Gain Buying iPhone XR Online And Not In Local Shops?
So, the following are some of the reasons why you should not patronize local shops but only online stores or Apple-authorized selling centers in Nigeria.
When you buy your iPhone XR from either online or recognized Apple outlets, you stand the chance of enjoying the one-year warranty for accidental screen damage which might not be available when you buy from local shops
Besides, online buyers will enjoy another 6 months’ cover in the event of liquid damage. Another interesting thing why you should buy your iPhone XR online or from designated Apple outlets is the fact that you buy it at the best price compared to when it is acquired from the local shop.
Surprisingly also, in the event of a defective product, they are readily and quickly replaced. There is also free pickup and return from the service points whenever something is fixed.
Finally, on the gains of buying your iPhone XR online or from Apple designated outlets – there is a 24 months warranty attached to this mobile Smartphone device which might not be available when you make your purchase from the local shop.
What Are The Advantages Attached To Buying The iPhone XR At JUMIA?
When you make your purchase from Jumia, you enjoy the following;
On Jumia, you get the iPhone XR at an affordable price compared to what you will get in the physical shop. So, you combine affordability with top-notch quality iPhone XR devices.
The return policy of Jumia is second to none among other online stores in Nigeria. There might be some errors in sending products to the buyers – Jumia ensures that the product is promptly changed and replaced.
Besides, when you buy your iPhone XR from Jumia – you are guaranteed prompt and timely delivery within Nigeria. However, it takes between 24 hours – 7 days to get your item delivered to you within Nigeria.
The flexible payment option (Jumia Pay) is another reason why you should buy your iPhone XR from Jumia. Users enjoy 5 percent using the Jumia app.
Also, you enjoy daily app vouchers making use of the mobile app. Ever imagined getting as high as N150,000 off the original price of your iPhone XR worth N500,000 – that’s amazing, isn’t it?
The iPhone XR can arguably be said to be the best iPhone among the Apple Smartphone in the marketplace. Therefore, being budget-friendly when compared to other iPhone X series is placing it ahead of other Smartphones in the mobile phone market in Nigeria.
So, if you want a sleek mobile phone, of high performance, different color options to pick from, excellent battery life, facial ID and True Depth camera system, dual SIM supports, amazing connectivity, and some other amazing features – the iPhone XR is here to give the best and you will not regret buying it.