When babies are born, they look so fresh with their skins showing the beauty of life. You touch their skins; you feel how smooth and fresh they are, and you just cannot stop touching them. So, baby skins are soft and pleasing on the eyes but do they just stay as fresh as that without special attention? The answer is No. When taking care of baby skins, many factors come into consideration for you to be able to maintain their fresh skins.
Some of these factors are a healthy diet, using the right baby lotions, using good baby soap, good sleep and many other factors. These are all important factors which help to keep the skin fresh, leaving your baby skin looking great all the time every time.
While we cannot cover all of these factors in this article, we will be looking at the best baby soap in Nigeria. Just as it is for adults, the soap you use for your baby is very important. Many people have made the mistake of thinking that just because children are still very much younger and are without many hormones that lead to skin problems in adults, they can use virtually any soap. This is a lie you have to push out of your mind.
Your baby soap needs to be well formulated for baby sensitive skins. It must also be free of animal fats, dyes, preservatives, and toxins. These soaps have to be formulated using the best of essential oils, herbs, and other gentle ingredients on your baby’s skin and would not dry and irritate it on use.These soaps are also fortified with saponified food-grade vegetable oil, palm kernel, olive oil and Vitamin E. With the help of many more baby-sensitive extracts and the right level of sensitivity; you would have a god soap worthy of your baby’s skin.
Characteristics of Good Baby Soap
A good baby soap should have the following characteristics:
- SLS Free: any soap you need to use for your baby’s skin should be free from Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, a harsh chemical which makes soaps foam. This chemical should be avoided by all means because not only can it affect the baby’s skin, it can likewise damage the immune system leading to the inflammation of the skin.
- Hypoallergenic: with new babies, figuring out their allergies if they have any can be a bit tasking. Since this is the case, you need to use a hypoallergenic soap to prevent them from having any reactions.
- Non-toxic: baby skin is tender and making use of toxic soaps is not the best idea. This is because children always love to dip their hands in their mouths which can cause them to ingest some of the toxic chemicals on their soaps if you use it on them. So, since this is a nature of children we cannot prevent, it is good to be on the safe side using non-toxic soaps for them.
- Gentle: baby skins are tender, and if you use any soap which is not tender on their skins, they are prone to serious irritations which would end up damaging their skins if you persist.
Best Baby Soap in Nigeria
Now that we have covered the basics let’s take a look at some of the best soaps you can use on your baby in Nigeria.
1. Safeguard Baby Soap
We all know safeguard, it’s a popular bathing soap for adults all across Nigeria and the world. However, how many of us know that they also have a version well suited for babies? Safeguard baby soap is one of the best soaps for your baby, particularly because it helps to maintain the good texture of your baby’s skin.
Using this soap on your baby guarantees that your baby’s skin would look fresh without any irritations, rashes and burns. This soap is designed with essential oils that help to replenish the lipids in baby skins, reducing dryness and itching. These are factors that contribute to the overall health of your baby’s skin showing that with safeguard baby soap, you have nothing to worry about.
· This soap has antibacterial properties.
· This soap is hypoallergenic.
· This soap helps to prevent skin dryness and itching.
· This soap helps to keep the skin oiled and free from rashes.
· Some children react to the antibacterial properties of this soap.
2.Cussons Baby Mild and Gentle Soap
Another popular soap for your babies is Cussons baby soap. This soap is specially designed to keep your baby’s skin fresh all the time, which is great. The joy of parenting is keeping your baby healthy and looking fresh. This means bathing them with the best soaps, which help to healthily remove any bacteria from their skins without any irritations.
Babies are new to many things, and their bodies have not experienced a lot which means that they need something that can clean them without causing any damages. The Cussons Baby Mild & Gentle soap is designed to Chamomile and Milk to help soothe and nourish the baby’s skin for the best results.
· This soap has a gentle and mild formulation fit for baby skins.
· This soap has a delightful baby fragrance.
· This soap is dermatology tested for baby skins.
· This soap is free from paraben.
· It is expensive.
4.Pears baby soap
Another important baby soap we are going to be taking a look at is the pears baby soap. This soap is specifically designed to freshen up new babies and take out any bad smells around their bottom, armpits and legs. Even with the special use, it is designed for every part of your baby’s body, and an added advantage is that you can make use of this soap on your baby even a day or two after the baby has been born. The natural ingredients used in the formulation of this baby soap make it one of the best soaps for babies in Nigeria and worldwide. Babies love the smell of this soap and are always happy when they have their bath.
· This soap is good for special parts of your baby’s body like the underarm and bottom.
· This soap can be used almost immediately after the baby is born.
· This soap is formulated using natural ingredients.
· This soap has a very nice smell.
· This soap is expensive.
5. Daffy Baby Soap
If you are looking for an active soap for babies in Nigeria, then another soap you can count on is Daffy Baby soap. One of the things you need to take note of when it comes to babies is that while they all have soft skins; some are more delicate and tender than others. Daffy Baby Soap helps you take care of this situation without a problem.
This baby soap is a product of Dr Reddy, a leading pharmaceutical company based in India, committed to giving you the best. They understand everything about baby skins which is why they are particular about sensitive and softer skins. This soap is designed to keep your baby’s skin looking fresh as it also prevents rashes and bacterial infections all day long.
· This soap has the Dr Reddy stamp of guarantee.
· This soap is designed for babies with sensitive skins.
· This soap helps to rejuvenate baby skins even if other soaps have done damage.
· Availability in the market dwindles.
6. Baby Dove
· When most people see the name dove, they are already satisfied that they are in safe hands and rightfully so. The baby Dove soap for baby skins in Nigeria is not a let off. This soap seats right amongst the best soap and for those who have used any Dove skin care product, you can attest to this fact. This soap gives a cool sensation to your baby’s skin, which helps prevent baby skin rashes. This baby soap also helps to preserve and improve your baby’s complexion, and this is something you definitely would enjoy.
· This soap helps to preserve and improve your baby’s skin complexion.
· This soap has a cool feeling for babies.
· This soap is good for babies with sensitive skins.
· This soap is not expensive.
Pigeon Baby Transparent Soap
Good transparent soaps are hard to come by, especially for babies, but you definitely would enjoy this one. This is a baby soap that is gentle on your baby, leaving their skins glowing after each use. This soap helps to eliminate any foul odours, irritations and rashes. It also helps to eliminate any signs of dry skins on your baby, so you can rest assured that using this would help you bath your baby without any adverse side effects whatsoever.
· This is a transparent soap good for sensitive baby skins.
· This soap has a nice fragrance.
· This soap is free of dangerous chemicals.
· This soap is budget-friendly.
Babies cannot take care of themselves; they need their parents to take care of them, and this is where you come in. They come looking very good, healthy, and fresh but they can only remain that way if their guardians and parents take time to give them the best. With numerous factors to consider, one of the major things you should take seriously is the bathing soap you use for your babies.
This is one of the major factors that can either leave your baby looking good and fresh or with rashes and irritations, which could have easily been avoided. There are numerous baby soaps in Nigeria, and while some do the job quite well, some others do not. In this review, we have highlighted some of the best and healthiest soaps for babies in Nigeria, and while some of these soaps are good for specific skin conditions, overall, these are some of the best soaps you can use for your baby.
We also highlighted some of the major benefits of using each of these soaps and some of the cons attached to using these soaps so you can have a glimpse of what you are up for with each of these soaps. We hope that this helps you make a good choice as you try to keep your baby looking great all the time. Good luck.
What are the typical prices for baby soap in Nigeria?
There are different baby soaps in the market today with so many of them giving you ridiculously low prices. Taking care of a baby is not cheap, and if you want to make sure that your baby skin looks good, you need to buy good products. Baby soaps are not expensive, but for quality baby soaps in Nigeria, you should be looking for a price range from N1,500 to N5,000. With this, you have the assurance that you are buying something healthy for your baby. You can look through some of the best soaps for babies from this review.
What you should customers look for when buying a new baby soap?
When looking to buy a baby soap, you should make sure you look for baby soaps made using natural ingredients. You should also ensure that these soaps are hypoallergenic, so your baby does not have any allergic reactions.
What are the advantages of buying baby soaps online instead of buying in local shops?
Children have sensitive skins, and nowadays, doctors prescribe certain products with certain ingredients you have to make sure you follow. Buying your baby soap online gives you the chance to search online to see which products satisfy your needs. When you are satisfied with your search, you can make your purchase from a trusted vendor.
What are the advantages to buy at JUMIA?
JUMIA is a trusted vendor for various products ranging from food to electronics and even skincare products. They have a good reputation for delivering the best, and you can count on them to get you the best baby soaps in Nigeria.